Last year’s Essential Magic Conference set a high standard, and we expect this year’s online conference to be even better. It’s a three-day conference featuring lectures, demonstrations and lessons from the top names in magic. You already know the lineup, so you know you have to be there.
In fact, we have a ticket to give away. You could win it and get access to everything completely free. The only thing we want to know is how you plan on watching it.
Will you have a recliner in front of the computer? Will you send your Internet through your big-screen plasma and chill in the den? Will you secretly bring your tablet PC to your job and watch over work’s WiFi? Will you have a stash of snacks and drinks beside you, so you don’t have to get up? What will you use to take notes?
Show us your rig, or you in your rig, and the most creative entry will get this red-hot ticket, worth $90. Here’s the rules:
- Only one photo entry per user.
- Photo must illustrate how you plan on watching the Essential Magic Conference.
- Your photo must include some sort of monitor or screen showing the front page of essentialmagicconference.com. Other than that, the sky is the limit, except…
- Only basic digital photo manipulation will be allowed. Think like a photojournalist: Sharpening and toning will be allowed; combining images or “Photoshop mashups” will not. (Don’t try to sneak anything by: One of our judges works for a newspaper and can spot altered photos like other magicians can spot his pass. You won’t be “disqualified,” but you won’t be in the finals.)
- Judges will look for creativity, cleverness, photo quality and overall theme. In other words, the guy with the big wallet is no shoe-in. The winner might be seated at a public library computer.
- Whether you are IN the photo or TAKING the photo doesn’t matter. It’s up to you. But both count toward your one entry. You can’t be in one pic and take another, and expect both to be eligible.
- Submit entries to the Ellusionist Contest Forum by posting your picture in a new thread. Entries WILL NOT IMMEDIATELY APPEAR in the forum; they will be approved by a moderator.
- Deadline for entries is 9 a.m. Monday, June 13 (U.S. Central).
- Finalists will be named sometime on Wednesday, June 15. The number of finalists depends on the number of entries.
- The winner will be announced sometime on Friday, June 17. Winner must be able to provide his own Internet access to view the Essential Magic Conference.
- Questions about these rules, if they are not answered within these rules, will be answered in the contest thread on the forums. Don’t expect to see answers anywhere else.