Life happens. We get older, we get more responsibilities, and magic might fall by the wayside.
That’s where John Ronan was about 10 years ago. The Delaware magician backed off and lost interest, focusing on family. About three years ago, he sold a lot of his stuff.
But magic never dies in us. John found that out. The bug bit him again, and he started to restock. He got interested in performing again, and rejoined his local magic club.
Over the holidays, he bought two orders from Ellusionist that qualified for earning pieces in our 2012 Holiday Giveaway. The first pieces weren’t encouraging, he said. Later, he did another order, and couldn’t believe the pieces he got: He ended up winning the five-minute, $1,000 limit shopping spree.
Talk about a great way to restock.
Ronan cashed in on his prize Saturday. Armed with a strategy, he stocked up on gaff card systems, the Metal trilogy and playing cards — A LOT of playing cards. 12 Blue LTDs, 14 Madison Rounders, 60 Red Masters and 40 Blue Masters. With other merchandise, he got all the way up to $996.99.
He was one of the big winners in our Holiday Contest. Ronan and 18 other winners cleaned up by collecting pieces and forming poker hands. The following are the winners:
- ~ 50′ TV, Apple TV, Loaded External Harddrive: Steve Petusky
- ~ Triple Crown Display Case: Darren Armstrong
- ~ Signed Uncut LTD Sheet: Richard Krueger
- ~ Arcane Lucite Case – Gold Edition: Cedrick Burcena, Adrian Gerard, Brandon White
- ~ Red Artifice AIP Bottle: *Joshua Kuperstein, *Kah Shin Tan, *Brandin Bryan
- ~ Years Supply of Ellusionist Playing Cards: *Edward Colussi
- ~ Ellusionist Swag Bag: Helen Kirschner
- ~ Artifice Joker Custom Skateboard: Ben Mueller
- ~ Black Club Membership: Zakk Shortes
- ~ Gold Arcane Brick: Kenneth Chambers
- ~ Brad Christian DVD Pack: *Andrew Chau
- ~ Eric Jones Metal Pack: Souhail Sabri
- ~ Justin Miller DVD Pack: *Natalie Leduc
- ~ Pure Smoke Master Pack: *Tomoaki Hagimori
Congratulations, and thanks for participating in our holiday giveaway!
* Second chance drawing winners. Customers who ordered shippable items during the contest period were entered in the second chance drawing.