Gaze upon the King of Clubs fondly. Your first chance to grab a rare, never-to-be-sold Gold Arcane deck awaits in our Arcane video contest.
In the coming weeks, we’ll announce how everyone will get a chance to snare one of the 5,000 of these decks that have been printed. But in the meantime, your skill and performance could put one of these in your hands.
In a nutshell: Surely, you’ve had your chance to get a few decks of Arcane playing cards. Now, we want to see what you do with them. Hit the mall, the boardwalk, the park, anywhere there are spectators, and blow some minds with either a black or white deck. Or use both. It’s your routine. Our judges will pick the best video based on creativity, skill, presentation and audience reaction. Here’s the rules:
- Only one video per person. If there is any appearance of multiple submissions from the same person, the videos will not be judged.
- Vid must be no longer than four minutes. Handy tip: TIME YOUR ROUTINE BEFORE PERFORMING.
- Your performance must be for at least one genuine spectator.
- Your performance may include any trick or effect that utilizes playing cards, and those cards must be from a deck of Arcanes.
- Creativity is encouraged. Use the glyphs or the smoky face cards as part of your routine.
- Your video may include any kind of editing, but your trick or routine must be uncut.
- Submit your videos in the Member Videos forum with the words “Arcane Contest” somewhere in the title.
- All videos must meet our submission guidelines. Any videos that do not will not be judged. NO EXCEPTIONS. THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING.
- If you have any questions about the rules, ask them in this thread on the Ellusionist Forums.
Submission deadline: 12:01 a.m. Monday, March 1 (Central time zone; GMT -6). Good luck!