You’ve likely seen the recently-released videos of a new Ellusionist product in the works. In anticipation of the new project, we’re interested in YOUR artistry.
Starting today is the Art of Cards Photo Contest. This is your chance to show off your artistic eye and snag some killer E shwag in the process.
The rules are simple, yet challenging. We want to see your interpretation of an Ellusionist custom deck of playing cards. Here’s the catch: We’re not looking for commercials… we’re looking for STATEMENTS. We’re looking for a photo that says something on how you feel about life, magic, art, the state of magic today, your theory about performance, fuzzy bunnies, whatever. Maybe it’s a collage of cards. Maybe it’s a shot of you performing an incredible one-handed fan, or blowing minds with a killer Two-Card Monte. Maybe it’s some enhancements you make to the Ghost ace. It’s up to you.
Read all the details right here:
Here’s the rules bullets:
- Your photo must include a card, cards or box from a custom E deck. E’s gaff cards (and ONLY E’s gaff cards) count. If you use Masters, make sure the ace or the box is in your shot.
- You may digitally alter your photo (changing colors, adding text, etc.), but the card, cards or box must be a photo. HOWEVER: Your photo doesn’t need to have digital alteration to win. It’s all about quality of the image.
- Your entry must be family-friendly. No dirty words or offensive images.
- You must have the rights to legally use everything in your composition. In other words, if you take a picture of a Ghost ace and Photoshop it onto a paparrazi photo of Megan Fox as a tattoo, your entry won’t count.
- You must submit the photo according to one of the three submission methods below.
- Each person is allowed to submit ONE photo. So pick your best shot.
- For servers’ sake, your photo can be no larger than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- If you can persuade Megan Fox to get a Ghost Ace tattoo, you automatically win. OK, not really. But you would definitely be in our good graces.
We will pick three winners, and each one will get an exclusive sneak peek at the “In the Works” project, to be released later this year. Additionally, they will win the following:
Third place: Three decks of one of Ellusionist’s custom decks of playing cards.
Second place: Six decks of one of Ellusionist’s custom decks of playing cards and an Ultragaff deck.
First place: 12 decks of one of Ellusionist’s custom decks of playing cards and a 1st ed. Black Ghost deck.
There are three ways to submit photos:
- On the Ellusionist forums: Post your pic as a .jpg in this thread for contest entries.
- On Facebook: Become a fan at our official fan page, then post your picture as a .jpg on our wall. It doesn’t hurt to tag us, either. Your photo must be on our wall, or it won’t get entered.
- On MySpace: Add Ellusionist as one of your MySpace friends. Post your photo on your profile, then tag Ellusionist in it. Your photo must tag Ellusionist or it won’t get entered.
All entries are due by 11:59 p.m. Central time on Sunday, May 24. Winners will be announced sometime on May 31. Good luck!